Taking a cue from Tim’s version, here’s the game.
Go to the address bar in your favorite browser, and type one letter. Start with “a”, end with “z”.
My twist: I picked ones that I think are pretty interesting or that you may not have heard of. Think of it as my Friday gift to you.
- Authentic Jobs, one of the best job boards around
- Big Spaceship, the best agency around
- CopyPasteCharacter, an invaluable resource for all those weird characters I use all the time
- Daily Type, new type illustrations every day
- ExpressionEngine 2.0 Public Beta
- The Font Game, a soon-to-be-released iPhone game that looks great
- Glyphish, free icons for iPhone apps
- Holy Loly, the blog of Dave Chau, design director at Big Spaceship. Some content NSFW.
- Is.gd, my favorite URL shortener.
- How to run a word count on a website using free Unix tools, by Jarango
- Kimm Saatvedt, a photographer with an awesome fullscreen website
- Mathieu Badimon’s Lab, crazy Flash experiments
- Macificent, a gallery of the best Mac OS X apps
- The Ultimate Guide to
.htaccess, by NetTuts
- Ommwriter, a distraction-free writing app
- Easy Color Picking on the Mac, great tips from the Particletree team
- Quasimondo, Mario Klingemann’s Flash blog
- Refresh NYC, a new venture in the Big Apple
- SafeNow, cryptic iconography from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Typedia, everyone’s favorite typography resource
- Uses Ths, awesome interviews about the software people use
- VaryWell, great design portfolio. Drag the boxes around and marvel.
- Wicked, because ticket prices still haven’t gone down
- XBox, because prices keep dropping
- Hannah, a handwritten typeface from YouWorkForThem
- Zazzle, make your own… anything!