Using Your Powers for Evil

I have a confession to make: in the past, I have used my powers for evil. It's not something I'm proud of, but I won't deny it.

I know that there are some out there that actually do use their powers for good (or at least try to), but I'm sure that I'm not the only one who has misused his skills.

Being a designer does come in handy. I admit that I used to forge hall passes and doctors' notes in high school. I'm not a dishonest person (regularly), but I realize that a person needs to play up his strengths in order to get ahead in life.

I've heard myths about everything from people creating their own handicap stickers to get prime parking spots to companies designing authentic-looking street signs and actually posting them on the street. Keeping in mind that this is a public site and anyone who chooses to read this content is free to do so, how have you used your powers for evil?

Comments

Jason Santa Maria said:

Most certainly! The temptation is too great :D

The most recent thing I've done was scan in my leasing company's letterhead to draft up an "official" letter to tell the dipshits in my apartment building not to leave the front door open and unattended. Of course I have no problem telling them personally, but this was so much more fun.

Posted on August 12, 2005 06:32 AM

Scott said:

I enjoy recording songs for fake bands with my brother, and then putting together a legitimate looking web site for the band. We've gotten quite a few show offers. : )

Posted on August 12, 2005 08:29 AM

Chris K said:

Back when my wife and I started dating, she was housesitting for some friends. They were having mice problems and a mouse was killed in one of the traps. We set it up like a crime scene, I made a web page based on the local newspaper as an article on it, and made an "official" arrest warrant for them and posted it on their front door. I still have the photos of the scene and the web page.

Posted on August 12, 2005 11:01 AM

Anonymous (Steve) said:

Back in freshman year of college I met my first friend from a state he called New Jersey; like that really exsists?! After a few weeks, I met many other people from 'jersey' and then I noticed how poorly designed their DLs were. So a few days of testing, decoding, air-brushing, scanning, Photoshoping, & laminating...I successfully completed my first 'false DL.' A couple of reproductions later, and my whole group of friends went to our first real bar...at the ripe old age of 18! ...ahh the good ol' days ;)

Posted on August 12, 2005 07:12 PM

bearskinrug said:

I impaled the head of marketing on my t-square.

Posted on August 13, 2005 07:49 AM

Come on, BSR, I said using your powers for evil...

Posted on August 13, 2005 07:51 AM

James D said:

90% of bars in Philly will accept a 'photocopy' of a passport for entry...

Posted on August 13, 2005 10:27 PM